Thursday, October 07, 2010


BP5_ProProfs quiz maker
I happened across this web 2.0 tool under a friend’s comment on Facebook. I think I may have struck AR gold on this one. The ProProfs quiz maker allows you to make your own on-line quizzes. It also grades them for you and shows the results in an easy to read format. At the end, the quiz takers are given a nice little certificate of completion to print out for themselves.

(Screen shot of my ProProfs certificate of completion)

The ProProfs quiz maker is just what I have been looking for. It is free, easy to use and even allows you to add pictures and/or video to your quiz. The pictures and video are the best part, because one of the goals of my AR project was to make an interactive assessment. Using video and pictures, I will be able to show my students things they have seen throughout the week, to help bring it back to their memory.

I am still working on solidifying my AR plan, but this tool is getting me close. My original plan focused on assessment. However, some of my co-workers felt that assessments were not really what the students needed. Many of them brought up vocabulary retention as something that needed help. This tool allows me to combine both of these issues. My idea would be to make a pre-test and a post-test. The pre-test would show what they already know. The post-test would show what they learned. Since I am making the test, I can cater it to exactly what the students will be learning for that week. I look forward to implementing this tool in classes soon, maybe within the coming week.

1 comment:

Lionel said...

Very interesting research on the various Web 2.0 tools! I also appreciate the manner in which you have approached these blog posts, the honesty and humor in your review of not just the Web tools but also the weekly readings makes me chuckle. Vocabulary isn’t something I currently need a tool for in teaching my Computer Science class – but in looking over the blogs of our cohorts Jim had found [http://knowledgefarmer.blogspot.com/2010/10/bp4discovering-web-20-tools.html] that I think is something you might look to use in your search. I realize the quiz site you recently discovered this week has a lot of the features you are looking for but I wanted to pass on a link on a similar vein. Thanks for sharing and know that some folks are reading along with ya – at the expense of being behind in my AR readings! lol