Sunday, May 29, 2011



(Screen shots of banners from 'Language Learning and Technology' and 'Edutopia')


Wk 4 Publishing/Leadership Thinking out loud blog 1: Which one, which one?

(Quote taken from Prof. Bustillos project rationale. Parentheses my two-cents)

"We’ve all attended amazing conferences, staff-development session and courses where fantastic ideas were presented, life changing notions discussed and heart-felt commitments made, only to have the notes and notebooks tossed on a pile when we got home and nothing ever came from these experiences." (Yay!! This is my plan exactly!!) " This project is specifically designed to make ones experience at Full Sail and ones action research work and make it into an ongoing dream-realized -”Real World Education,” indeed. Sharing out your AR project is the final step in this year-long journey- and what better way than through presenting and/or publishing in your chosen field?" (Boo!! I wanted to remain anonymus!!)

Let me start by saying, I have thoroughly enjoyed my Full Sail experience. One of my life goals has always been to be more computer literate, and I feel that I have accomplished said goal. I really enjoyed the hands-on activities that were assigned each month. I was skeptical at first on my abilities to complete some of them, but the teachers were helpful and now I'm a quasi-pro.

However, the boogey-man lurking in the background has always been the ARP. I know, I could have avoided it by just going the certificate route, but I would have regretted all the other information I would have missed. Now, in month 11, 'the boss chapter', the ARP is all that's left. As can be seen in the sudden drop of my grades, we are not really on speaking terms. However, I've come to far to give up now so, Excelsior!

As an ESL teacher, the Language Learning and Technology journal caught my attention. I believe that a few of the sources for my ARP are from that journal. My second choice is Edutopia. I've gone to that sight many times during my research, and enjoy the more relaxed writing style. So which one, LL and T or Edutopia? Probably Edutopia.

No comments: