Saturday, May 28, 2011




Wk 4 Reading: Response to Jerusha Hufstetler


Jerusha's Blog:

Vision is a word used to explain what people would like to see happen in a particular area for the future. Before reading the Art of Possibility I believed myself to be a visionary. It isn’t hard to look at situations on imagine what could happen, or how to get from one point to the next. Perhaps my understanding of vision is not fully correct. Zander describes the idea of having a vision to be a framework for possibility (p. 168). However, within this framework a certain criteria must be met (p. 168). One criterion made me challenge my own personal visions for my life. A vision with possibility, Zander explains, is “stated as a picture for all time…no specific of time, place, audience, or product.” There should be a openness to allowing a dream/vision to grow into new stages, and not be kept in a box. This is someone I would like to grow into for my own personal life.


My Response:

I agree with both you and Joanna. Zander really does try to get you to expand your horizons. The idea of a vision that is 'elastic' was new to me as well. Normally when you think of visions you have plan A, where the situation is one way, plan B if something changes, plan C etc. I think Zander's view point is something more along the lines of plan A-infinity. Instead of having separate visions for separate contingencies, to have one main vision that has the ability to expand, change and grow as we do.

No comments: